Gioteck has launched a new steering wheel controller for PlayStation 3 that borrows several design cues from Microsoft’s unique Wireless Speed Wheel for Xbox 360.
It’s targeted both casual and hardcore PS3 racing game players, costs around £39.99, and boasts several appealing features over its 360 cousin.
The Gioteck FR-1 Wireless Racing Wheel features:
- Rumble Feedback: This allows you to feel every bump of the track, growl of the engine and collision with opponents, promising a more realistic in-game experience.
- Sensitivity Switch: You can adjust your PS3 steering wheel to suit your driving style, whether it’s sensitive or heavy.
- Manual Shift: Optional extra bumpers allow for a smooth gear change, ideal for the drag race enthusiast.
- Precise Nudge: This button puts you back to a central position; can be handy for final hairpin bends in importance races.
- Contoured D-Pad: Gioteck says this saves time and fuss when navigating in-game menus.
Gioteck also claims the curved shape of the FR-1 allows for ‘hours of ache-free gaming’.
Leet’s pick of PS3 racing games
These titles are ideal for use with the FR-1:
- Gran Turismo 5
- Driver: San Francisco
- F1 2012
- Dirt 3
- MotorStorm RC
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
What do you reckon? Have you used the FR-1? Let us know below.